Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful

Thanksgiving has never been one of my favorite holidays. Somehow instead of being asked to cook, I always end up being responsible for the "garnish" tray.  (I'm on to you DuBrocs!) I am also not a huge fan of football, (shocker, I know) which is what you inevitably end up watching ALL DAY while you nap and let your food digest.

Nevertheless, I love spending time with my family.  Thanksgiving is also a wonderful time to look back and reflect on the many undeserved blessings we've received over the past year.  This year especially, I feel like I have so much to be thankful for.  In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have made a small list...

1. Casey: My groom. :) When I was wrapping up school and trying to make sense of who I was, and what I was supposed to do with my life; God brought me this guy right when I needed him most.  He is my biggest cheerleader, best friend, and soul mate.  He also makes me laugh EVERY SINGLE DAY.  I love you with all my heart Casey boy!
2. Family: I am very blessed to be a part of two wonderful families.  Casey and I are both very fortunate to have families that build us up when we've done a great job, cry and pray with us during the hard times, and know how to cut loose and have fun!  Don't get me wrong - we're not perfect.  Sometimes we tease, get sick of each other, maybe don't see eye to eye; but we're always there when it counts.
3. Friends: This has been a year of making friends!  Casey and I have become very close to some of our friends from church this year.  I am so truly thankful for these people! They have taught me so much about what it means to be a kind, considerate, and loving friend.  They've also taught me how to take that first step and reach out to others.  This is something as an introvert that's very hard for me!  Still working on this one, and trying very hard to be a better/more selfless friend.
4. Sufferings:  They always say to thank God for your sufferings, if not more than your blessings. Casey and I have experienced some growing pains over the past year, but through it all; God has taken this brokenness and turned it around for the greater good.  We have been tremendously blessed BECAUSE of these sufferings and connected with others in ways we never thought possible.  It's been amazing to see this beautiful story start to unfold.  I'm so excited to see what's in store for us next!  It's also made us grow by leaps and bounds in our faith.

Anyway, this has been quite the long-winded post!  Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving full of peace, love, and gratitude.  Hope you eat lots and lots of turkey too! 

-TW


Image courtesy of www.frenchpressmornings.com.  This site is awesome by the way!  She provides free, weekly inspirational prints that you can print and frame, save as your screensaver, etc.  I use them for wallpapers on my iphone, so I can meditate on an encouraging verse throughout the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment